Sunday, March 1, 2015

More Than Just an Oil

If you had asked me last summer if I would be writing a blog like this, I would have laughed at you....hard.  Not just a little giggle, but a gut-jiggling belly laugh that would send me to the floor in fits of hysteria!  And I'm not over exaggerating either.  I'm not.  Seriously, I can't even now really believe that I am writing this.  But.....I am.

Here's the deal, never in my wildest imagination, would I have thought I would become sold on this product and company.  I will not rehash my concerns.....If you have been following my blog, you know what they are and you know where I have come from in this journey.  No matter how many times I scoffed and tried to prove that these products were not for me, something kept me coming back.  Researching a bit more.  Trying out another product.  Reading.  Listening.  Most of the time with a bit of an attitude.  But none the less, I found myself intrigued.  I never thought it would be bring me to say what is now my newest saying, "there is more to this than just oils".  (At this point in the blog, I give you permission to call my crazy.  Not that you need my permission to do so, but well, I understand how you are feeling).

Several months ago or longer, I can't remember how long ago actually, I saw a post of a facebook friend that said something to the affect of how doTerra has changed her.  Not just cause of the use of the oils, but that it was a deeper, emotional, almost spiritual sort of change.  I thought, "whatever".  I don't need a company to be my self-help guru.  I have Jesus.  I don't need anything else.

And yet, here I am today......standing in agreement with her.  In my last post, I think I said something about the more I researched and listened to webinars and trainings, the more I found myself digging out some ugly things about myself.  Strange, since the trainings were about business and how to be a better business woman/man.  I found myself having to really search out some areas in my life, that quite frankly were a little ugly.

For instance:
I can be fairly selfish and self-centered. 
I can't say no.
I am fear driven.
My priorities are all out of whack.

As I began to process these things about myself, I found that I began to change my thought pattern.  I don't want to be selfish and self-centered.  I want to be giving and caring, generous and loving whether I get anything out of it or not.  I want to freely give.....no strings attached.  I also decided that because I am a people pleaser, I have a terrible time saying no.  So, I over commit myself.  Which drains me.  I do this because I am fear motivated....I don't want to let anyone down or disappoint them.  I don't want to be left behind and forgotten.....so my response to almost everything is yes, YES, and YES!    I also discovered the dearest things to my heart are often the things and the people that I put on the back burner.

All of this realization, came out of about 4 hours of listening to some webinars.  They were not necessarily about faith, family, relationships....well at least not from the titles and yet these topics were all woven in, and they challenged me in these areas.  I hope this is making sense.  When I first listened to them, I actually felt kind of angry.....mainly my first response to seeing some things about myself that I did not like admitting to.  However, as hours began to pass, I realized how important it is for me to deal with these issues.

To focus on giving of myself.....freely.
To say no to the things which distract me from my purpose and calling in life.
To not allow fear to be my motivator.
And to straighten out my priorities......

This last one really sets the tone for all the others.  God, family, church, ministry, work.....I am finding when I keep those five things in the correct order, everything else begins to work itself out. 

And you know what?  All of this was discovered listening to these silly, little webinars about business and oils.  Did I need self-help?  Maybe.  But more so, I feel God used this as an open door to expose some things in my life.  Sure, He could have shown them to me in other ways.  I am by no means saying doTerra is some sort of magical company.  But what I am saying, is that as I began opening myself up to the idea of this company, I found myself being opened up to some other areas in my life....areas that needed changing.

I have discovered God can use anything to work out His good in our lives......even something as small as a little bit of oil.

(Again, you can call me crazy. I would have done the same thing.  But it's ok.....it's my crazy journey to be on ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment